Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Night Of The Living Dead Legislation

Over at The Art of the Possible I discuss yesterday's Congressional killing of the bailout bill:
As a child of the 80s, I’m not at all reassured by the alleged death of the Wall Street bailout bill after Congress voted it down yesterday. “Dead. Sure,” I say in a cynical voice. “That’s what they told me about Freddy Krueger. And Jason Voorhees. And every bloodsucking vampire who ever graced the silver screen.” With the president and his pals trying desperately to revive the corpse, I’m sure a bailout will arise from this grave eventually, since our elected officials won’t let a minor detail like “it’s opposed by the majority of American voters” stop them from passing an expensive piece of legislation.
And there's more commentary where that came from, by God. Why don't y'all mosey on over to The Art of the Possible and check it out?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, its not about killing it, it's about "we gets ours too".

5:38 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Abel said...

Oh, we'll get ours all right. Or rather, they'll stick it to us whether we want it or not.

Maybe I should try reinventing myself as an illegal alien in Canada.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com