Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Out To Lunch

I’m heading out of state for a few days, and if I have any computer access at all it’ll be on an ancient machine with an actual dial-up connection. So I probably won’t be posting again until next week. I still have to pack my bags, but I think I’ve figured out a way around the TSA’s restrictions against shampoo and soap in carry-on luggage. I’m pretty confident about this, actually, since I already have a history of successful tweezer and nail-clipper smuggling.

I’ll tell you how the plan worked when I get back.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Abel said...

Greetings from South Carolina. My secret plan worked! I'm waiting for my freshly (and illicitly) washed hair to dry even as I type this. I'll post the criminal details when I get home.

Dial-up connections are horribly slow. Let's see how long it takes for this comment to actually post.

12:06 PM  
Blogger rhhardin said...

Dialup seems fine to me. ``Automtically load images'' - OFF and ``Javascript'' - OFF is the key.

Maybe somebody will write a ``Getting the most out of your win95 machine'' book.

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

rhhardin:
The dialup connection she was using was on my mother/brother's computer. They have sold their soul to MSN, so the PC defaults to the MSN browser, which has all the usual bugs of IE, but with significantly less flexibility. If I had had more time I would have gotten them on Firefox, but they are creatures of habit and may require a lengthy period of deprogramming.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com