Monday, May 30, 2011

My Country, 'Tis Not Of Me

I'm still tired and footsore after a mini-vacation on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. Though still too exhausted to write very much, I will say this: the Canadian border guard was polite, though obviously bored. The American guard was a bigger dick than the one which launched John Holmes' career. I'm honestly amazed that in America, in the Year Of Someone Else's Lord 2011, the fact that I am unmarried -- or rather, the fact that I crossed the border with a man whose last name differs from my own -- is enough to warrant Extra Questions. Good thing my boyfriend is not the stereotypical "forgetful male"; I shudder to think what would have happened had he not been able to answer the question "When is her birthday?"

4 Comments:

Anonymous NoStar said...

I would be more suspicious of a man who remembered a birthday. Obviously rehearsed.

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Mercenary said...

Remember, they're fighting for your freedoms.

9:47 AM  
Blogger rhhardin said...

A trick question like what is your mother's maiden name is called for.

Terrorists are never prepared for it.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous James Hanley said...

Not all Canadian border guards are nicer than the American ones, although on average the American ones are more likely to act like giant hardons.

I remember once heading to Canada on I-5, with the intention of returning to Seattle the next day. The Canadian border guard--Canadian, mind you--asked me what I was going to be doing in Seattle, which, last time I checked, was still on the U.S. side of the border and slightly outside his jurisdiction.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com