Tuesday, April 02, 2013

An Unforeseen Burden Of Wealth

This actually happened yesterday, but I didn't want to say anything lest it be mistaken for an April Fool ...I went to the bank to deposit some checks, and a coffee can full of rolled coin. The can was no heavier than usual but I must've picked it up wrong or something, because I managed to pull a muscle. And I can't even ask for sympathy because anyone who says "Boo hoo, poor me, I injured myself carrying ALL THIS MONEY" sounds like a jerk. Even though it was mainly penny rolls.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chuck Pergiel said...

Do you have to roll your own coins, or is that a personal fetish? Arizona is the only place I've been where you have to roll your own. Everywhere else they take coins in bulk and count it with a machine.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Abel said...

Hmm, I've never tried depositing loose bulk coins at any bank where I've had an account, so I don't know. But rolling coins is no big deal, and makes it much easier to count/keep track of coins than leaving them loose; it's something I do while watching TV. I get the paper wrappings free from the bank, and I have two sets of those plastic tubes perfectly sized to hold the exact number of coins, not one coin more or less.

That's also when I check the dates and pull out any copper pennies, or anything silver or collectible.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com