Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Mad Props To The U.S. Postal Service

It's easy to be sociable when you live in my apartment building, for rare is the week you don't get the opportunity to knock on a neighbor's door, hand over an envelope and say "This was in my mailbox. I think it's yours."

But last night broke my personal socialization-opportunity record. I've been checking my mailbox scrupulously of late, anxiously awaiting the arrival of my U.S. passport (which I don't need to visit Quebec City this August, but do need if I want to return to my home in the freedom-loving United States).

I found three pieces of mail, not one of which was mine or my boyfriend's. For that matter, no two envelopes were addressed to the same apartment: I found a cable bill for the guy across the hall, a credit card statement for the guy right below him, and junk mail for his neighbor next door.

2 Comments:

Anonymous smartass sob said...

I found three pieces of mail, not one of which was mine or my boyfriend's. For that matter, no two envelopes were made out to the same address: a cable bill for the guy across the hall, a credit card statement for the guy right below him, and junk mail belonging to his neighbor next door.

I've heard of people sticking their junk mail in someone else's box to dispose of it - maybe their bills, too. Seriously though, if the PO put other people's mail in your box, doesn't that make you wonder how much of yours was put in the wrong box? And others may not be quite as "sociable" as you are - they might easily throw it in the trash. Or worse.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Abel said...

Indeed it does make me wonder, Smartass. In addition to my passport there's a certain package I'm waiting on, too.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com