Wednesday, June 10, 2009

And A Little Child Shall Lead Them

Back in my college days (which I spent in the It's-too-damned-hot-here part of the South), I paid occasional visits to the local fundamentalist megachurch, in the company of certain friends. None of us believed but we went to Fundie Church anyway because we were college students in the 90s, when Ironic Entertainment was popular.

So I've seen the megachurch megapreachers in real life, and occasionally on TV, and thus speak from experience when I say: this toddler's impersonation of the preacher is as near perfect as makes no difference.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Heh. Absolutely spot on!

6:24 PM  
Anonymous smartass sob said...

But...but I thought demonic possession such as portrayed in The Exorcist was just a made-up fairy tale! Hm, guess not. ;-)

9:20 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Abel said...

The part where he does the little hopping dance while the organ music swells just slays me.

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Jeff P said...

We need a little Winton Dupree after that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM4hp9kz_A4

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Jeff P said...

BTW That clip I link to is not really safe for work, language -speaking.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Stevo Darkly said...

If I were to say, "I haven't actually seen many fundamentalist preachers in action -- instead I couldn't help picturing this kid with a little black toothbrush moustache, and it seemed to fit pretty well," would that totally Godwin the thread?

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Sandy said...

Ein Reich! Ein Volk! Ein Nappie!

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com