Sunday, October 13, 2013

Rumors Of My Laziness Are Greatly Exaggerated

I've been neglecting my blog lately because (luckily) I'm working and writing full-time again. The good news is that collecting regular paychecks make poverty avoidance much easier; the bad news is that after pounding out a dozen or more articles per week, when I think "I really ought to update my blog" I discover my creativity well's run dry.

But I daresay I've been producing some decent bylined stuff, even if most of it is less political than what I'm used to writing. The most expressly political thing I wrote this week was for Anorak, when I told our British friends what the federal government does and does not consider "essential," based on what's operating during the shurdown.

At Consumer Affairs, I list some facepalmingly bad examples of excessive faith in GPS programming, deconstruct the stupidity of  women's beauty marketing research, discuss why I might be the consumer equivalent of a sociopath, express sympathy for the US post office, and sundry other topics.

In my offline life, I'm fast becoming waterlogged after four or five consecutive days of bleak, gray, chilling rain. Ordinarily I'd use that as a springboard for jumping into complaints about the dystopian overpriced yuppie hell that is northern Virginia, but then I remembered: this time of year, New England is no prize either. As a resident of North America, I must accept that mid-October is going to be miserable no matter where I am.

1 Comments:

Anonymous L.Long said...

This is your blog and you can update and do whatever as you wish.
On some blogs you're lucky if they update once a month.
But glad to hear that you are doing well.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com