Sunday, December 31, 2006

Last Post of the Year: Keep Your Legs Crossed, Gentlemen

With less than two hours to go before the old year’s kaput I’m. . . sitting on the couch trying to think of something to post. My significant other is working this evening; if you want your One True Love to be with you on major holidays don’t fall for a guy who works in television.

So I’m sober and alone on New Year’s Eve. Could be worse, though. I found an article with the redundant headline Woman’s Charges: Malicious Castration.

Is there any other kind? A Google search for “lovey-dovey fuzzy-bunny castration” brought up zero hits, though that will cease to be the case as soon as this post goes up.

Sorry, guys. Got nothin’. I’ll come up with something better next year, I promise.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll probably be sorry I asked, but what on Earth were you looking for that you would come across an article about a castration? ;-)

Oh! And Happy New Year!!!

3:56 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Abel said...

True answer, Smartass: somebody posted it on a "peak oil" forum where I sometimes hang out.

But here's what's really disturbing: it was posted in the "Off-topic and humor" forum. I don't think the story is funny at all, but the headline is in a sick sort of way. Seriously--"malicious" castration? What the hell other kind is there?

7:35 AM  
Blogger Anne O'Neimaus said...

Well, I guess state-sponsored chemical castration wouldn't qualify as "Malicious Castration" to the law, even though the literal definition probably still fits.

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com