Monday, November 05, 2012

It's Almost Over

Tomorrow is the first presidential election where I know for a fact the guy I choose won't win, because I'm voting for third-partier Gary Johnson rather than Robama or Obamney. Though if someone held a gun to my head and forced me to choose between the Republican or the Democrat, I'd probably vote for the Democrat and then bathe in a giant vat of Lysol in the vain hope of ever, ever feeling clean again. Neither candidate gives a damn about civil liberties issues: both support the TSA, the NDAA, warrantless surveillance, the drone wars and doubtless other monstrosities which haven't even come to light yet.

But at least Obama isn't in thrall to the modern Republican Party, which has long since abandoned all pretense of caring about small government or fiscal responsibility in lieu of doing its damnedest to stamp out non-procreative sexual activity while explaining why rape isn't as bad as people say and hardly ever leads to pregnancy and women impregnated by their rapists should consider such babies a consolation prize from God anyway.

It's like the difference in chimps vs. humans: their DNA is 99 percent identical and that one percent difference is a doozy, but when you get right down to it they're both just damn dirty stinking apes. Which is why I'm voting for Johnson rather than Kodos, this year (mixed political metaphor alert).

So: in the unlikely event that Romney wins the election because he wins Virginia's electoral votes because he beat Obama by one vote in this state, I'll probably feel bad. But I doubt that will happen. My prediction for tomorrow: Obama will win, but with less electoral votes than in 2008. Some states that went for Obama in '08 might go for Romney this time, but no states that chose McCain in '08 will vote Obama in '12.

4 Comments:

Anonymous smartass sob said...

Much as I despise Obama for the corrupt, lying, fascist bastard that he is - I still can't bring myself to vote for a flip-flopping, say-anything-to-get-elected, big-government, expediency-loving, phony who cares as little about individual freedom and liberties as Obama.

So if I even bother to cast a vote in the presidential election today, it will be for Johnson - but mainly just to send a stick it message to the other two parties, because I'm not all that crazy about him either. Truthfully? Even if he won, I don't think it would change the size and reach of government very much. So on the other hand, I might just stay home and say screw them all - 'cuz you know, peons and serfs aren't supposed to have any real control over anything anyway; that's to be left to their "betters". Peons and serfs are just supposed to pay a taz for the sake of being alive. Free country? What a very unfunny joke! I am sooo tired of the phony baloney farce that the running of this country has become.

7:29 AM  
Anonymous smartass sob said...

tax

7:31 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Abel said...

Vote for Johnson, Smartass. There's one semi-realistic goal we can hope for from that: if he gets five percent of the popular vote, libertarians are guaranteed ballot access next time around.

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm casting two ballots I feel good about: Johnson, and one of the local officials in my tiny rural town.

Because when we lost power last week, I found out that this guy has his cell phone number on the town website. And he answers it. And then he actually does helpful things, like distributing dry ice and bottled water (paid for by the utility, not the town government, but the utility wouldn't actually bring it to the town for some reason).

There's no other race on the ballot where I have any expectation that my vote will actually have impact or that any of the candidates will do anything helpful.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com