Monday, May 25, 2009

Wednesday Night’s TV Lineup: Two Conspiracy Theorist Guys, Me, Then The No-Talent Musician

If you’ll be in central Connecticut this Wednesday night with basic cable, join the tens of people who check out public access channel “Nutmeg TV,” which has a brand-new weekly show produced by the newspapers where I work. The idea is that each week, my editor/boss will spend half an hour chatting with a reporter or photographer from the paper.

The show debuted last week with the police reporter discussing crime and punishment. Episode two, slated to air this Wednesday, features the arts and entertainment editor – by which I mean me – talking about art and the creative process. (Which completely caught me by surprise, since I’d expected my boss would ask me questions about the local art scene in particular. I don't recall saying anything particularly brilliant at the taping.)

Last week’s episode, with the crime reporter, aired right after a show featuring two middle-aged marijuana-leaf-wearing hippie conspiracy theorist Christian fundamentalist Young Earth creationists, who talked about the dangers of fluoridated water, and how the New World Order has to happen before Jesus can return, and computers are mentioned in Revelation, and Hitler had alien anti-grav technology back in the day. Also, the Committee of 300 has something to do with why pharmaceutical companies sell placebos or even toxins, because there’s no money to be made in cures.

If last Wednesday’s lineup is repeated this week, my show comes on right after these guys.

11 Comments:

Anonymous smartass sob said...

Is there any way these videos can be accessed over the Web? I sure wouldn't want to miss the two nutcase... er, conspiracy theorist guys. I would like to see that no-talent musician, too.*





*Just joking - obviously your television debut is the only thing that would interest readers of this blog. ;-)

4:40 AM  
Anonymous Jeff P said...

Nutmeg does have quite a bit of content posted on YouTube. I do not know if they post recent shows or not.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous smartass sob said...

Thanks, Jeff. As hypercritical as she is of her photos (according to you,) it's a wonder she even consented to being video-taped. ;-)

3:02 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Abel said...

"Consent" wasn't even an issue, Smartass. My boss came up to me in the office, asked me what my plans were for the next day, and then told me to go to the public access TV station the next day for the show's taping.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Abel said...

I didn't bother wearing makeup, though. Given the lighting and equipment quality at the station, I didn't see any point.

I won't be watching my own TV appearance because I have to work, covering a speech given by a former governor.

4:47 PM  
Anonymous smartass sob said...

My boss came up to me in the office, asked me what my plans were for the next day,...

And then told you what your plans would be for the next day. ;-) Yeah, bosses do that.


Given the lighting and equipment quality at the station, I didn't see any point.

I'm sure you'll look just fine.

5:51 PM  
Anonymous NoStar said...

Jennifer in living color!!!
nuff said.

12:36 PM  
Blogger The NE Curmudgeon said...

Good lord. You've made the big time! You're gonna be a STAR!!!

(Hey, you never know. Could be a big time producer watching local access.)

3:08 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Abel said...

Holy crap, Curmudgeon! Just last night I was thinking "I REALLY need to drop him an e-mail," and now here you are!

So my two questions are:
1. Can you drop me a line since I have lost your e-mail address; and,

2. How can I apply this mental power to help me with Powerball?

3:16 PM  
Anonymous A Moose said...

1. Can you drop me a line since I have lost your e-mail address; and,

2. How can I apply this mental power to help me with Powerball?
1-Not my thing.

2-http://www.amazon.com/Where-Spirits-Ride-Wind-Experiences/dp/0253205662/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1243545591&sr=8-1

Have fun, and don't be too critical of strange experiences.

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Russ 2000 said...

The new world order has to happen before Jesus can return?

And all this time I thought Jesus wouldn't return until the world went to hell in a handbasket, while Jesus is actually nothing but a lazy P.O.S. who returns when there's no work to do.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com