Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happyish New Year

No blogging for me today, as I'm still fighting off the nasty cold (or mild flu) I came down with a few days ago.

Here is conclusive evidence that the old "Marriage makes you exponentially less cooler" canard is absolutely true: I spent my first New Year's Eve as a respectable married woman engaged in what medical professionals euphemistically call "productive coughing," productivity which makes me yearn for the slacker days of my youth. At midnight I took a dose of NyQuil followed by one single shot of high-octane schnapps, which knocked me out for ten hours since I'm also a lightweight these days, and today I'm kicking off 2013 by producing more gobs of productivity from various facial orifices. 

[self-pity] Happy New Year, everybody! I hope, for your sake, it is happier (or at least healthier) than mine. [/self-pity]

3 Comments:

Anonymous smartass sob said...

and today I'm kicking off 2013 by producing more gobs of productivity from various facial orifices.

Could be worse - you could be doing a bunch of "productive coughing" from the other end of your alimentary canal, which you might be if you had the flu. Sounds like a cold or bronchitis. When I still smoked I'd get it every year about this time or sooner, and it would hang on for a month. I recomend lots of vitamin c from citrus fruits, onions, peppers, collards and other greens - or whatever your pleasure.

Happy New Year! Hope you get to feeling better.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Chuck Pergiel said...

Poor boo boo.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Chuck Pergiel said...

Hey! It's been 2 weeks. Are you okay?

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com