Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Creepy Christian Censorship Moment

While driving from Nawlins to San Antone yesterday, Jeff and I spent some time listening to radio station 101.3 FM out of Lake Charles, Louisiana, and at one point they played "Life in the Fast Lane," an old song by an old band called the Eagles. One part of the song's lyrics goes like this:

We've been up and down this highway / haven't seen a goddamned thing / he said, call the doctor, I think I'm gonna crash....

But on 101.3 FM, this is what we heard instead: We've been up and down this highway / he said call the doctor, I think I'm gonna crash .... Yup. They cut out the entire line mentioning the word "goddamned."

ADDENDUM, September 2: Driving through Texas today, the rock station out of Dallas kept the whole line, but bleeped out the word "God." Kept the "damned," though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com