Saturday, September 03, 2016

Great Moments in Bad Timing: Oklahoma Earthquake Edition

Luckily, none of my lower-Midwestern friends suffered any damage in the 5.6 magnitude earthquake which struck Oklahoma (and rattled six states in all) last night at 7:02 p.m. Central time, though all of them felt it enough to post WTF-type comments on social media. I did a quick search for news stories about the quake, and in addition to the many, many mainstream media stories discussing the "largest earthquake in Oklahoma history," I found this little gem which Care2.com published only a few hours before that historic earthquake, headlined "Oklahoma has fewer earthquakes thanks to new fracking rules."

Of course, any journalist or nonfiction writer runs the risk of having what you write go obsolete sooner than expected, but I still winced with vicarious sympathy when I read that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com