Saturday, February 02, 2008

Ron Paul Election Strategy Update

In my last post I mentioned why it's vitally important that I formally register to vote as a political "independent" before 12:08 p.m. the day after Super Tuesday. I have since discovered that professional obligations will keep me busy all of Wednesday morning, so the plan now is to visit City Hall right after my Tuesday vote. This, no doubt, completely violates the spirit that inspired the "must be a party member to vote in the primary" law in the first place, but I consider such spirit violation a feature, not a bug.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Republican... why there is still hope for you yet young lady.

Thankfully, my legal residence is an open primary State so there is no messy Party switching back and forth every 2-4 years.

9:04 PM  
Blogger BakedPenguin said...

Thanks for reminding me. Now that Florida's (closed) primary is over, I need to switch back from *ugh* (R) to independent.

Violating the spirit if bad laws is the best of both worlds. You get the satisfaction of civil disobedience, without the arrest record.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Haha! You're not the only one as far as I can tell. Poor republicans.

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BakedPenguin

I'm curious, why not register Libertarian?

It's allowed in Florida.

I realize that some people don't want to be associated with those nutcases. Are you one of those?

8:31 AM  
Blogger BakedPenguin said...

Isaac - then you get on the mailing list. Just kidding. I'll probably do that, I switched from L to R for RP.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Anne O'Neimaus said...

Well, given the fact that "Republican", "Democaratic", etc., primaries are basically State-funded and sponsored operations for Fundamentally Private groups to select candidates they want to slate for the real elections, I don't have much sympathy for the Party Line (so to speak) on this one.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com