I had an utterly miserable day at work, because I got a painful, nasty shock whenever I touched the newsroom doorknob or any other metal object. A naive person might blame static electricity but I know better: the office building where my left-wing paper is produced just knows
I'm a registered Republican these days, and thus reacts to my presence the same way a church's hallowed ground is reputed to react to a vampire. It burns. It burns.
I can switch back after the primary tomorrow. In sixteen hours or less I should be back to normal.
And if I weren't already committed to "Feral Genius" I'd change my online nickname to Thunder Child
, fighting a fight I know I'll never win.