Monday, January 21, 2013

Obama Shmobama

Since I support full equality for gay and straight people, and also consider anthropogenic climate change a serious problem which must be addressed, I'm supposed to feel this warm-n-fuzzy patriotic whatever, after seeing headlines like "President Obama mentions climate change and other progressive goals in inaugural," except "progressive" as Obama interprets it somehow means "complete disregard for individual rights." No mention of my chief concerns, the freedom to travel and otherwise go about my daily business unmolested--and nowadays, I mean that literally.

Of course, it doesn't help that so many of my fellow Obama critics are -- I'll say this politely as I can -- a tad biased in their dislike. My beef with Obama stems from his being a right-wing hypocrite who completely abandoned the circa-2008 civil liberty promises he made before becoming president. That's entirely different from hating him for being an illegal immigrant Muslim Commie with secret conspiracy involvements in the Sandy Hook shooting, Aurora shooting, Fukushima earthquake and/or sundry additional disasters since his first inauguration. Pretty soon someone will post the first countdown ticking off the number of days until Obama's presidency ends in 2017, and I'd like to believe the next guy will be better but when I believed that during the Bush administration it proved quite disillusioning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com